PM Imran to leave for China on three-day visit today
LAHORE - Prime Minister Imran Khan will leave for Beijing today on a three-day visit to China.
The premier is expected to discuss the latest situation in Indian held Kashmir, and bilateral issues with the Chinese leadership, reported Radio Pakistan on Monday.
The two sides will likely discuss the immediate implementation of the Phase-II of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement.
They will also examine the abolition of quota for all Pakistani agricultural products like rice, wheat, corn, soybean, sugar and tobacco. This would be the third visit of the premier to China within a year.
The visit comes only a few days after the premier returned to Pakistan after attending the United Nations General Assembly session in New York, where he met several world leaders during a week-long stay in the US.
Meanwhile, PM Khan will hold meetings with Chinese President Xi Jinping, Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, and other important government figures in the Chinese capital.
He will address the China-Pakistan Business Forum in the Chinese capital as well, aiming to bolster economic and trade exchanges between the two neighbouring countries.
The delegation travelling with the premier is expected to hold talks with several Chinese entrepreneurs and heads of different companies on the visit to explore possibilities related to investment in Pakistan.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020