Your staple bowl of white rice has some bad news for you
LAHORE- Rice is a staple food for all of us. An Asian item that is a great mild-tasting addition to flavorful dishes. However, it was revealed that actually, the common rice we love to devour is actually worse than sugary drinks!
A meta-analysis of four major studies came up with shocking revelations.
-It showed that eating 1 plate of white rice each day, increased the risk of developing diabetes by 11% in the overall population.
-It also revealed that while Americans and Australians consumed 5 plates a week, Asians had 4 servings a day of cooked rice.
Now that's a lot!
Swapping out rice for alternative healthy choices, such as other whole grains, can reduce the risk of diabetes and ass variety to your diet.
2. Brown Rice
4. Riced cauliflower
If you want to adopt a healthy lifestyle or reduce the risk of falling prey to diseases like diabetes- cut down on your intake of white rice.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020