Your staple bowl of white rice has some bad news for you
LAHORE- Rice is a staple food for all of us. An Asian item that is a great mild-tasting addition to flavorful dishes. However, it was revealed that actually, the common rice we love to devour is actually worse than sugary drinks!
A meta-analysis of four major studies came up with shocking revelations.
-It showed that eating 1 plate of white rice each day, increased the risk of developing diabetes by 11% in the overall population.
-It also revealed that while Americans and Australians consumed 5 plates a week, Asians had 4 servings a day of cooked rice .
Now that's a lot!
Swapping out rice for alternative healthy choices, such as other whole grains, can reduce the risk of diabetes and ass variety to your diet.
2. Brown Rice
4. Riced cauliflower
If you want to adopt a healthy lifestyle or reduce the risk of falling prey to diseases like diabetes- cut down on your intake of white rice .
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019