Women Through Film: Women International Film Festival to be held in Islamabad
The third edition of the Women International Film Festival is organising the event in collaboration with the European Union till March 9 while films by women filmmakers from the EU (Spain, Austria, Italy, Sweden, and Bulgaria) will be screened during the festival.
This year the festival will continue for six days and will showcase the works of female filmmakers from Pakistan and all around the world.
On March 8, to commemorate International Women’s Day, WIFF is organizing an Open Mic Night (after the film screening).
The event is open to local artists and non-artists alike who will take to the stage to present their views, stories about women and the struggle to attain equal rights and representation of women.
On the final day, March 9, WIFF's headliner event, the short films screening will be held. Only 14 short films have been selected to be screened at the festival.
'This event is organised to enhance the skills of our filmmakers and provide them with a platform to display their work on an international forum', said the organizers of WIFF which is a community that caters to women specifically.
'Women Through Film' is a Pakistani-based initiative that encourages women to voice their opinions, inspire audiences and bring a change in the society, through the art of filmmaking.
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad tomorrow08:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand makes arrests over KFC meals smuggling07:46 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- KP plans separate Panagah units for transgender person07:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021