Sadiq challenges NA-122 tribunal verdict in Supreme Court
A lawyer for Sadiq said that his client has not requested the court to issue a stay order on the tribunal's orders. He said that Sadiq has only moved the court against the fine imposed on him.
Last month, election tribunal Judge Kazim Malik had de-seated the former NA Speaker after nullifying his election from NA-122 and directed the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to hold a re-election in the constituency.
Sadiq had defeated Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan in the May 2013 general elections, but his victory was challenged by the PTI chief in the tribunal.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021