Qandeel Baloch's iPhone: Punjab Police will write a letter to Apple
The 26-year-old, who was popular for posting risque videos and statements on Facebook, was killed by her brother two months ago. She was strangled to death at her Multan residence.
According to media reports, the Multan police which are investigation the murder case will send a formal request to the California-based tech firm, seeking its help in decoding her mobile phone.
Although two of her phones have already been unlocked after being brought to Lahore, police sources believe decoding her iPhone would help her find more clues behind her assassination.
Read more: Apple rejects court order to hack iphone
In July, Qandeel was in Multan to visit her parents as her father had been unwell, and spent Eid with her family. Her brother, who was identified by the police as Waseem, went to meet her at night. When Qandeel was asleep at night, he strangled her.
Waseem is currently in custody.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021