Turkish soldier martyred in Syria terrorist attack
ANKARA – A Turkish serviceman died yesterday as a result of a terrorist attack in Syria's Idlib, the Turkish Defense Ministry said on Monday.
"As a result of the terrorist attack on September 6 in the Idlib province, our comrade was wounded and taken to the hospital, but he died despite the efforts of doctors," the statement said.
Idlib is the only Syrian province that is still partly controlled by armed militants. In 2017, a northern de-escalation zone was created in the province to host extremists who refused to lay down their arms.
Turkish and Russian military regularly hold joint patrols in the province in line with agreements reached by Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Turkish counterpart, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Houthis' attacks on Saudi Arabia11:39 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020