PM Shehbaz to host Commonwealth Games medalists on their return to Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has hailed the performance of Pakistani athletes at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
In his tweets on Monday, the premier said that Nooh Butt and Arshad Nadeem bagged gold, Sharif Tahir, Zaman Anwar and Inam Butt won silver and Shah Hussain, Ali Asad and Inayatullah secured bronze medals in the international event, making the Pakistani nation proud.
Terming the athletes pride of nation, he announced to hold a meeting with all these players on their return home in order to encourage them.
He said that other Pakistani athletes participating in the Commonwealth Games are also commendable who are representing Pakistan with hard work and dedication.
Describing victory or defeat part of the game, he urged the athletes not to give up and keep working hard.
Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with ... 11:06 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
BIRMINGHAM – Pakistan’s star javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem created history by becoming the second Pakistani ...
- Sara Inam laid to rest in Islamabad; father vows to fight till ...06:56 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- BCCI rejects England's offer to host Pakistan-India series06:33 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- ICC T20I rankings: Rizwan retains top batting spot, Haris major ...05:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Crucial NSC meeting underway to discuss PM Office audio leaks fiasco05:27 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Hamza Ali Abbasi pens a sweet birthday wish for sister Dr Fazeela03:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Mahira Khan receives compliments backstage after dance performance at ...05:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Celebrities jump onto the bandwagon of #MonthlyMaxJingle challenge04:50 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022