Six-year-old girls riding bikes are too 'provocative': Israeli Jewish Rabbi
He maintained that young girls riding bicycles could “cause serious damage to their modesty” and that bicycle seats caused young girls to sit in a fashion that men found “provocative”.
The ruling said: “We inform parents that they are obligated to forbid their daughters from age five and up from acting in this illegitimate way.”
The rabbi of the Jerusalem neighbourhood of Nahloat distributed the stringent decree to his devotees at a synagogue.
Earlier in December, ultra-orthodox rabbis requested women in the Israeli city Bnei Brak to refrain from studying in higher education, calling it a danger to women.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021