Pakistan, Russia to conduct feasibility study for undersea gas project
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan and Russia have finalized a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for conducting a ‘feasibility study’ of the planned undersea gas pipeline involving four countries — Pakistan, Iran, Russia and India.
Foreign Office spokesman Dr. Muhammad Faisal said on Friday that the ministries of the energy of both countries have finalized a MoU for conducting the feasibility study for implementation of the undersea gas pipeline project.
The purpose of the MoU was to assist in providing support for the realization of the project which has been under discussion since last year, he added.
Russia plans to pump gas into India through Gwadar 12:19 PM | 30 Oct, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The Vladimir Putin led Russian government is planning to export gas to India through its huge reserves in ...
The spokesman said based on the results of the feasibility study, the two countries would take a decision for the future of the project.
Moreover, he said that Russia's keen desire was to promote energy cooperation with Pakistan as the two countries are moving ahead with strengthened bilateral relations, adding that the two countries had concluded various proposals in the energy sector, including construction of North-South Gas Pipeline, import of LNG from Russia, installation of air mix plant and establishing a 600MW combined cycle power plant.
Pakistan, Russia vow to work together for peace ... 01:33 AM | 24 Apr, 2018
MOSCOW - A high-level Inter-Ministerial delegation led by National Security Advisor Nasser Khan Janjua visited Moscow ...
Responding to a question, Dr. Faisal denied that the new project would replace the stalled Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project. “The IP gas pipeline is a separate project,” he clarified.
Last week, it was reported Pakistan and Russia were all set to formally ink a billion-dollar energy deal for the construction of an offshore gas pipeline and the supply of gas to Pakistan as Russia wants to export gas to South Asian countries.
- Ashraf Ghani declared winner of Afghan presidential poll10:33 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan reiterates demand for justice for victims of Samjhauta ...09:29 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- At Kartarpur, UNSG lauds Pakistan’s efforts for peace, interfaith ...08:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Nationwide polio immunization drive continues to vaccinate 39 million ...05:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa finish shooting for Quaid-e-Azam ...10:58 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- FIR lodged against Solis Festival, company blacklisted: DC Islamabad10:56 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019