PM Abbasi witnesses signing of two MoUs in China for gas pipeline & oil refinery
SANYA (China) - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and the Vice President of Power China Limited Li Yanming on Monday witnessed the signing of a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) between Inter-State Gas Systems (ISGS) of Pakistan and Power China for laying of North-South Gas Pipeline.
The MoU was signed in a simple ceremony held in Sanya, a City on the southern end of China’s Hainan Island.
The North-South gas pipeline would serve as a secure and continuous supply of affordable gas in areas currently showing increased demand for power generation and industrial use.
The prime minister also witnessed the signing of another MoU between Pakistan State Oil (PSO) and Power China for construction of up-country deep conversion oil refinery and laying of a crude oil pipeline.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi arrives at Sanya, China to attend BOAO Forum for Asia.— PML(N) (@pmln_org) April 8, 2018
Mr. Yan Zhaojun, Member of the Standing Committee CPPCC of Sanya revceived the PM.
Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif is also accompanying the PM. pic.twitter.com/XtvuzjALB8
This project will help in reducing costs of petroleum products currently being transported via road from refineries in southern parts and also ensure uninterrupted supply.
The Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Pakistan’s Ambassador to China Masood Khalid, the Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Yao Jing and senior officials were also present on the occasion.
The main theme of the Boao Forum Conference is “An Open and Innovative Asia for a World of greater Prosperity”.
He expressed the confidence that China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) would equally benefit the two countries.
He said CPEC would accelerate the pace of economic development in Pakistan.
The prime minister will also hold bilateral meetings with Chinese and other world leaders on the sidelines of the BOAO Forum Annual Conference.
PM Abbasi arrives in China to attend Boao ... 09:10 PM | 8 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi arrived in China today (Sunday) to attend the Boao Forum to be held ...
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020