LHC gives one week to govt to decide on Maryam's ECL issue
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday ordered the federal government to make final decision about striking the name of PML-N vice President Maryam Nawaz of the Exit Control List within seven days.
A two-member bench of the high court, headed by Justice Ali Baqar Najafi, issued the order while disposing of a petition filed by Maryam seeking an approval to travel to London for six-weeks to see her ailing father Nawaz Sharif.
"We want the Cabinet to see the matter first," the bench remarked, adding that the petitioner could approach the court if she would not satisfy over the government's decision.
Maryam Nawaz was placed on the ECL in August 2018. Before obtaining bail last month, Maryam was in custody of the NAB in Chaudhry Sugar Mills corruption case. The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had arrested Maryam on August 8.
The petition had stated that Maryam was under a lot of mental pressure because of her father’s health.
Nawaz Sharif is under treatment in London where he was taken by his brother Shehbaz Sharif due to his deteriorating health condition.
- President Alvi passes Parents Protection Ordinance 202108:50 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan on top after Abid Ali hits maiden double ton08:00 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PM Imran and wife Bushra walk barefoot to Masjid-e-Nabwi (VIDEO)07:17 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Prime suspect in British-Pakistani woman's murder case surrenders to ...06:35 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan all set to hit Indian screens again04:39 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021