LHC gives one week to govt to decide on Maryam's ECL issue
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday ordered the federal government to make final decision about striking the name of PML-N vice President Maryam Nawaz of the Exit Control List within seven days.
A two-member bench of the high court, headed by Justice Ali Baqar Najafi, issued the order while disposing of a petition filed by Maryam seeking an approval to travel to London for six-weeks to see her ailing father Nawaz Sharif.
"We want the Cabinet to see the matter first," the bench remarked, adding that the petitioner could approach the court if she would not satisfy over the government's decision.
Maryam Nawaz was placed on the ECL in August 2018. Before obtaining bail last month, Maryam was in custody of the NAB in Chaudhry Sugar Mills corruption case. The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had arrested Maryam on August 8.
The petition had stated that Maryam was under a lot of mental pressure because of her father’s health.
Nawaz Sharif is under treatment in London where he was taken by his brother Shehbaz Sharif due to his deteriorating health condition.
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019