Video of Indian soldier revealing corruption in Indian army goes viral
DELHI - In a heart-wrenching video, an Indian soldier posted along the India-Pakistan border has pointed fingers at appalling working conditions blaming the high level of corruption in the Army.
The paramilitary soldier, who identified himself as Tej Bahadur Yadav of Border Security Force (BSF) accused senior officials of massive corruption that has forced soldiers to starve.
Yadav posted a couple of videos on Facebook showing the deplorable circumstances in which jawans are discharging their duties without being provided proper meals.
He said troops are served bad food and sometimes have to go to sleep on an empty stomach. The soldier has posted three videos in which he claims that senior officers sell the foods meant for the troops. The BSF has ordered an inquiry into the allegations.
"We only get a 'paratha' (wheat bread) and tea as breakfast and these are without any pickle or vegetables. We slog for 11 hours and at times we have to stand throughout the duty hours. For lunch, we get 'dal' (pulses) which only has 'haldi' (turmeric) and salt with roti. This is the quality of the food we get. How can a jawan do his duty?” asked Yadav in the video.
The Indian Government has ordered a probe into the four-minute video.
“BSF is highly sensitive to the welfare of troops. Individual aberrations, if any, are enquired into. A senior officer has already reached the location,” the BSF tweeted after the post went viral.
BSF is highly sensitive to the welfare of tps.Individual aberrations,if any,are enquired into.A senior officer has already rchd the location https://t.co/3fH7qZdV5P— BSF (@BSF_India) January 9, 2017
They have also questioned India's claim that its armed fores carried out cross border raids in Pakistan. India uses the BSF, whose jawans are being forced to starve, to carry out deadly crackdowns across occupied Kashmir. The force is also involved in the killing of hundreds of civilian Pakistanis along the Line of Control.
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 56,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,154 confirmed ...01:51 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Afghanistan to free up to 2,000 Taliban prisoners after ceasefire11:25 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Indian female school teacher suspended over ‘pro-Pakistan lines’ ...10:46 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020