Punjab to ban sale of loose milk from 2022: PFA
RAWALPINDI – The sale of loose milk would be banned from 2022 and all dairy farms would be bound to sell pasteurized milk in plastic bags and bottles, according to Punjab Food Authority.
Addressing an awareness seminar at the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) on Thursday, Additional Director General (ADG) Licensing and Resources Shahid Malik said that the purpose of PFA was to bring all food-related businesses, bakery, wedding halls, restaurants etc into one category with a license, so that they can be monitored transparently.
The ADG said that PFA has started a campaign to protect consumers from the adulterated milk. "The dairy farmers are advised to install pasteurizing plants and maintain cold chains to provide milk to the consumers," he said.
Malik said that no business centre would be harassed in the name of inspection.
Replying to a question, the ADG said that license registration process has been simplified and complaints will be resolved on timely mode.
Earlier, RCCI President Saboor Malik, in his address said that the PFA's measures have provided protection to consumers and provide them with quality goods.
However, Punjab Food Authority has to increase its capacity to reduce fines and simplify procedures, adding "Information leaflets for campaign awareness should be given at every business center in urdu language," he said.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019