Fire kills 10 newborns in Indian hospital
MAHARASHTRA – At least ten babies were killed in a maternity unit on Saturday when fire erupted through a major hospital in Bhandara.
The district civil surgeon said there were 17 newborn babies admitted to the Special Newborn Care Unit. Ten of them expired on the spot while the other seven were rescued.
The smoke led to the babies suffocating, he added.
The deceased were aged between a few days and three months, sources.
The staff on duty noticed a fire coming from the hospital’s neonatal unit and raised the alarm, while the fire brigade stopped the blaze from spreading to other parts of the hospital and other patients were moved to safety.
The situation is under control now, officials. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Thackeray has directed an inquiry into the incident.
Indian tourist rapes 15-year-old girl in ... 05:57 PM | 3 Jan, 2021
KABUL – An Indian man has been arrested for raping a teenage girl and filming the incident in Kabul during his to ...
- Welsh slate is now on list of Unesco World Heritage Sites12:56 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- July 29, 1958 -- On this day in history US set up NASA12:43 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran names man who ‘offered bribe’ for withdrawal of Panama ...12:31 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- India ‘ready’ to restore special status of occupied Kashmir at ...12:15 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Honda rolls out new model of City variant tomorrow11:44 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi’s belly dance moves in ‘Zaalima Coca Cola’ set ...04:04 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Mehrooz Waseem hits back, accuses Usman Mukhtar of harassment03:48 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali's colourful birthday celebrations go viral03:34 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021