Fire kills 10 newborns in Indian hospital
MAHARASHTRA – At least ten babies were killed in a maternity unit on Saturday when fire erupted through a major hospital in Bhandara.
The district civil surgeon said there were 17 newborn babies admitted to the Special Newborn Care Unit. Ten of them expired on the spot while the other seven were rescued.
The smoke led to the babies suffocating, he added.
The deceased were aged between a few days and three months, sources.
The staff on duty noticed a fire coming from the hospital’s neonatal unit and raised the alarm, while the fire brigade stopped the blaze from spreading to other parts of the hospital and other patients were moved to safety.
The situation is under control now, officials. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Thackeray has directed an inquiry into the incident.
Indian tourist rapes 15-year-old girl in ... 05:57 PM | 3 Jan, 2021
KABUL – An Indian man has been arrested for raping a teenage girl and filming the incident in Kabul during his to ...
- PM Imran hails CM Khalid’s plan to turn Gilgit-Baltistan into ...06:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stranded crew of seized PIA plane returns to Pakistan today06:09 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021