US State Department approves over $2 billion arms sale to Taiwan
WASHINGTON - United States (US) States Department has approved the potential sale of over two billion dollars arms including Abrams tanks and Stinger missiles to Taiwan, despite Chinese opposition to the deal.
Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said in a statement that the possible arms sale, which could also include mounted machine guns, ammunition, Hercules armoured vehicles for recovering inoperative tanks, heavy equipment transporters and related support.
According to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, US lawmakers have thirty days to object to the sale, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile, Taiwan’s Presidential Office expressed sincere gratitude to the US government for the arms sale.
- NADRA DG sacked from post05:30 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- OPPO – Zoom into imagination now with a better price at the right ...05:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020