US State Department approves over $2 billion arms sale to Taiwan
WASHINGTON - United States (US) States Department has approved the potential sale of over two billion dollars arms including Abrams tanks and Stinger missiles to Taiwan , despite Chinese opposition to the deal.
Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said in a statement that the possible arms sale, which could also include mounted machine guns, ammunition, Hercules armoured vehicles for recovering inoperative tanks, heavy equipment transporters and related support.
According to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, US lawmakers have thirty days to object to the sale, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile, Taiwan’s Presidential Office expressed sincere gratitude to the US government for the arms sale.
- Rain stops second day of 1st Test match with Sri Lanka at 222 against ...10:55 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers, doctors on strike after PIC clash10:30 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Stern action to be taken against violent lawyers, says Punjab Health ...09:30 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019