Gujranwala: FIA arrests alleged middleman involved in illegal trade of human organs
GUJRANWALA - The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Tuesday apprehended a suspect in Gujranwala for his alleged connection with a gang involved in illegal transplant of kidneys.
According to Dawn news, the FIA arrested a middleman named Abdul Majeed who connected foreign kidney patients with the suspects arrested earlier including Dr Fawad and Dr Altamash, who were detained red-handed while operating on a patient during the raid.
FIA officials claimed that the detained doctors, with the assistance of middlemen, used to trap poor people for the provision of kidneys against a meager amount, and sold them to foreign patients for exorbitant amounts.
During the raid in Lahore, the FIA arrested two foreigners and two organ donors in April and the FIA registered its first first-ever case under the Human Organ Transplant Act.
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in N Waziristan operation: ...11:24 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Six arrested for chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in New Delhi (VIDEO)10:41 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021