Gujranwala: FIA arrests alleged middleman involved in illegal trade of human organs
GUJRANWALA - The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Tuesday apprehended a suspect in Gujranwala for his alleged connection with a gang involved in illegal transplant of kidneys.
According to Dawn news, the FIA arrested a middleman named Abdul Majeed who connected foreign kidney patients with the suspects arrested earlier including Dr Fawad and Dr Altamash, who were detained red-handed while operating on a patient during the raid.
FIA officials claimed that the detained doctors, with the assistance of middlemen, used to trap poor people for the provision of kidneys against a meager amount, and sold them to foreign patients for exorbitant amounts.
During the raid in Lahore, the FIA arrested two foreigners and two organ donors in April and the FIA registered its first first-ever case under the Human Organ Transplant Act.
- Prices of new Honda City model unveiled07:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021