Gujranwala: FIA arrests alleged middleman involved in illegal trade of human organs
GUJRANWALA - The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Tuesday apprehended a suspect in Gujranwala for his alleged connection with a gang involved in illegal transplant of kidneys.
According to Dawn news, the FIA arrested a middleman named Abdul Majeed who connected foreign kidney patients with the suspects arrested earlier including Dr Fawad and Dr Altamash, who were detained red-handed while operating on a patient during the raid.
FIA officials claimed that the detained doctors, with the assistance of middlemen, used to trap poor people for the provision of kidneys against a meager amount, and sold them to foreign patients for exorbitant amounts.
During the raid in Lahore, the FIA arrested two foreigners and two organ donors in April and the FIA registered its first first-ever case under the Human Organ Transplant Act.
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021