Shaniera Akram laments Pakistani wedding madness during pandemic
The trend for lavish weddings with prolonged events has become quite a thing in Pakistan and even a pandemic isn’t stopping people from indulging in wasteful expenses.
A never ending stream of pictures and videos from a recent Pakistani wedding have been trending on social media and people are shocked at the insane display of spending outrageously at useless ceremonials.
Social activist Shaniera Akram has also shared her two cents on the wedding madness in Pakistan.
I understand that in the past big weddings were a thing.But we are mid pandemic,why not take the opportunity & use this time to your advantage,keep it small,save lives & save some money.People will understand I promise.I had a very small wedding,Its ok,We survived, You will too!— Shaniera Akram (@iamShaniera) November 7, 2020
"I understand that in the past big weddings were a thing. But we are mid pandemic, why not take the opportunity and use this time to your advantage?" she questioned.
Going down the memory lane, she recalled getting married to cricket legend Wasim Akram in an intimate ceremony.
"Keep it small, save lives and save some money. People will understand I promise. I had a very small wedding, it's okay. We survived, You will too!"
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan tells how his kidneys 'shut down' due to physical ...11:15 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar likely to take charge as finance minister next week10:34 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Teen sets Guinness World Record for most socks worn in 30 seconds06:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022