India shifts Hurriyat leader Yasin Malik to infamous Tihar Jail
Muhammad Yasin Malik was shifted to Tihar Jail after India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA) secured his production remand in connection with a false case registered against him.
Earlier on February 22, the JKLF chairman was arrested from Srinagar under draconian law, Public Safety Act. Muhammad Yasin was shifted to Kot Bhalwal Jail later on.
NIA has approached a special court in Jammu and sought Yasin Malik’s remand for custodial interrogation in the case.
The Indian government has already banned the JKLF for its pro-freedom activities in occupied Kashmir.
On the other hand, the High Court of occupied Kashmir has reserved its judgment on a plea of India’s Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) seeking re-opening of three-decade-old cases registered against Muhammad Yasin Malik.
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022