Mastung attack: Father, brother of suicide bomber arrested from Karachi
The duo was arrested in an intelligence-based raid by Counter Terrorism Department at Banaras area, SSP Counter Terrorism Department Pervaiz Chandio said at a press conference here on Friday.
The suicide bomber, Hafiz Nawaz, was reportedly part of Daesh and had been affiliated with the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi as well.
Chandio said that both the relatives were hiding since the terror incident and were planning to flee to Afghanistan with the rest of family members.
Meanwhile, separate raids were conducted by the law enforcement personnel in Manghopir and Old Sabzi Mandi areas on the immediate information given by the arrested individuals.
"In the raids, two more facilitators of the suicide bombers were arrested. Suspects Shiraz and Wali Ahmed were trained in Afghanistan and Panjgaur," SSP CTD Chandio said.
Authorities said the suicide bomber detonated in the middle of a compound where the political meeting was taking place. The blast wounded around 150 people, a senior provincial government official confirmed.
- Women can claim inheritance in their lifetime only: SC12:15 AM | 24 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup: Defending Champions Khyber Pakhtunkhwa beat Central ...11:45 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan urges OIC to enhance efforts for lasting solution to Kashmir ...09:49 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Ayeza Khan all praises for Imran Abbas’s new look05:45 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Adnan Shah Tipu reveals why he rejected 'Sacred Games 2'05:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah spotted playing with her fluffy cat in latest viral videos04:33 PM | 23 Sep, 2021