Sawar Hussain Shaheed being remembered on 44th martyrdom day
LAHORE (Staff Report) - The 44th martyrdom day of Sawar Muhammad Hussain Shaheed, who won Pakistan's highest military award Nishan-e-Haider for his bravery and valor in 1971 war against India, is being marked today (Thursday).
Sawar Hussain was the first foot soldier of Pakistan army to receive Nishan-e-Haider after his martyrdom.
Sawar hailed from Gujjar Khan area of Rawalpindi. He joined Pakistan army as a driver on September 3, 1966 at a very young age of 17 years.
Despite being a driver Sawar Hussain Shaheed participated in 1971 war actively and supplied ammunition to army men crawling from trench to trench braving the shelling of guns, tanks and air patrols.
He was hit by machine-gun fire while fight on the front lines while preventing the enemy soldiers from lying down minefield to target Pakistani side.
After Sawar Hussain's martyrdom his village Dhok Pir Bakhsh was renammed as Dhok Muhammad Hussain Janjua to commemorate his sacrifice.
- Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude ...10:36 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019