Religious parties agree to restore MMA ahead of general elections
Jamaat-i-Islami chief Sirajul Haq announced the decision at a late-night press conference on Thursday. The announcement follows a meeting attended by leaders of constituent parties including Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam head Maulana Fazlur Rehman, Jamiat Ulema-i-Pakistan chief Pir Ijaz Hashmi, JI emir Sirajul Haq and leaders of three other parties.
However, a formal decision regarding the restoration of the MMA will be made at a meeting to be held in December at the residence of Shah Owais Noorani in Karachi .
The MMA coalition was made in 2002 and it ruled Khyber Pakhtunkhwa till 2007. Later the MMA went inactive due to an internal split.
Before 2013 polls, the JUI-F made efforts to restore it but the JI emir Syed Munawwar Hasan avoided becoming part of it.
- Sanam Jung addresses divorce rumours and why she isn’t living with ...10:52 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- APML shares Pervez Musharraf’s latest picture, asking for prayers10:29 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman all praise for DailyPakistan reporter celebrating Lahore ...09:50 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan drops a stunning selfie after second child's birth08:11 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021