AkzoNobel holds colour training program at SOS Children’s Village Lahore
LAHORE - Driving lasting impact through education and building colourful communities, AkzoNobel, a leading global paints and coatings company, has partnered with SOS Children’s Village in Pakistan to empower vulnerable youth for better chances of employment through various colour training programs.
AkzoNobel partners globally with SOS Children’s Villages under its widely implemented ‘Let’s Colour’ initiative. Driven by hands-on employees of AkzoNobel Pakistan, the program aspires to help children, families and communities in need, by creating energized living spaces and colourful communities.
Total 30 young participants from SOS Children Village were educated on colour theory and techniques for application of colour by experts from AkzoNobel Pakistan. The program graduates, along with the AkzoNobel volunteers set about revamping the living spaces at SOS Children’s Village in a brilliant display of their newly acquired skills, tinted notably with their personal creativity and flair.
Her Excellency, Mrs Ardi Stoios-Braken, The Dutch Ambassador to Pakistan was the chief guest at the occasion. She commented, “I appreciate AkzoNobel’s efforts in contributing towards a brighter future for these children. This collaboration will add more colour to the lives of these young people and help them lead independent lives.”
AkzoNobel Pakistan hopes to equip the participants with a useful and empowering skill to builds their self-confidence and bring them one step closer to leading productive lives, personally and professionally.
Saad Mahmood Rashid, Chief Executive, AkzoNobel Pakistan said, “Connecting with communities close to AkzoNobel and playing our part in their development, has always been essential to our identity. Our initiative under AkzoNobel’s Community Program is an enduring example of how AkzoNobel delivers shared value, combining our people, products and expertise for the benefit of society.
- Two kids drown in River Chenab08:02 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-1905:40 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020