CJP Nisar calls on judges to justify their earnings
Addressing a gathering in Quetta, the chief justice lamented that the judges in the country were not exploiting their full potential, adding the people come to courts first seeking justice.
He asserted that the judges gave verdicts on merit following the Constitution of Pakistan and law, not according to their desire. The top judge called the judges to learn the law completely.
He hinted at lack of passion in the judges while giving verdicts, adding, "There is need to show passion" as it is a respected profession. He asked, "Where have all the capable judges gone?
Calling for put the house in order, Nisar said that judicial reforms have been started. He added that salaries and benefits received by the judges were higher than the given to the officer of the same grade in another department.
The chief justice said he was unable to understand how the trial of the cases can go on for over thirty years. What is the fault of the person who wants justice, he added.
Last year, Lahore High Court (LHC) former Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah shared his salary details, the details of salaries, allowances and other facilities given to judges of high court have also been made public.
LHC chief justice for the first time in judicial history had issued his details regarding salary and allowance.
How much money does a judge of high court make ... 11:08 AM | 13 Apr, 2017
LAHORE - After Lahore High Court (LHC) Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah shared his salary details, the details of ...
According to the documents, a judge receives Rs 685,000 basic pay and Rs 269,000 in the wake of superior judicial allowance per month, besides getting Rs 25,000 for the gardener, sweeper and cook services every month. Every year, twenty-five thousand rupees are given for the maintenance of garden at the residence of judges.
Every judge is provided a vehicle and 500 litres of petrol per month, while they have provision to use unlimited utility facilities, including electricity, gas and telephone.
On a daily basis, 22 litres of petrol is provided to every judge for generator at his residence. They also receive Rs 65,000 as medical allowance and Rs 65,000 in wake of house rent allowance.
As a whole, a judge of high court receives Rs 1,204,700 under the head of pay, allowance and other facilities every month.
- PAKvWI: Azam Khan shifted to hospital for tests after head injury11:50 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- In a first, Pakistan Army organises joint medal parade in DR Congo ...11:26 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ben Stokes takes ‘indefinite’ break for mental wellbeing10:51 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran extends condolences to Turkey over forest fire causalities10:20 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:45 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in anti-Pakistan movie angers ...09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021