Friends or foes? US, Russian envoys kiss & shake hands before heated UNSC meeting (VIDEO)
Before the UN Security Council failed on Tuesday to pass three separate resolutions on an alleged chemical attack in Eastern Ghouta, Vassily Nebenzia, Russia’s ambassador to the UN, approached his US colleague, shook her hand and kissed her once on each cheek, during what appears to be a brief but amiable exchange between the two diplomats.
Minutes later, Nebenzia accused Washington of trying to block an impartial investigation into the alleged chemical attack in Douma, warning that actions taken by the US and its allies “should worry us, all of us, greatly, because we could find ourselves on the threshold of some very sad and serious events.” For her part, Haley accused Russia of hypocrisy and “playing games.”
"This council, and least of all Russia, should not be calling the shots," Haley said.
Earlier, Haley had vowed that the US will “never be friends” with Russia. Nebenzia fired back on Monday, telling Haley that the United States was “misguided to think you have friends. Your so-called friends are just those who can’t say no to you. This is your only criteria for friendship.”
Trump warns Russia to brace for 'smart' missiles ... 05:04 PM | 11 Apr, 2018
WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump took a strong exception to Russian collusion with Syrian President Bashar al ...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:31 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan records significant dip in new Covid cases as positivity ...09:12 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 20 September 202108:42 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021