Obama and Trump not invited to the royal wedding
Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle are set to tie the knot at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle and according to a spokesman for Kensington Palace, “It has been decided that an official list of political leaders – both UK and international – is not required for Prince Harry and Ms Markle’s wedding."
The spokesman further added,“Her Majesty’s Government was consulted on this decision, which was taken by The Royal Household."
Previously it was speculated that the Obamas might attend the wedding due to a personal relationship of Prince Harry and the former president, however it wouldn't be diplomatically taken well if the Trumps were not invited also.
Many British parliamentarians and politicians are also not expected to be in attendance, including Theresa May according to a source from the British government. On Tuesday, Kensington Palace identified severa of the 1200 people chosen to be invited to Windsor Castle on the wedding day chosen due to strong leadership and community service.
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 9-year-old Dalit girl raped, murdered by Hindu priest, three others ...06:17 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Nazir Chohan parts ways with Jahangir Tareen-led PTI faction05:41 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021