Nawaz Sharif took 'six salaries' from Capital FZE in 2013: report
Nawaz Sharif who was disqualified by a five-member bench of the Supreme Court for concealing his employment with the same firm took salaries for the months of February, March, April, May, June and July 2013.
A new set of documents revealed by Pakistan Today suggest that the salary was withdrawn by the PML-N head through 'over the counter' payment method that is done directly between two parties without the supervision of an exchange.
Sharif, who was disqualified on July 28 on the same charges by the top court in Panama papers case received his salary of February on March 6 through OTC, salary of March was received on April 10, the salary for April was received by Sharif on May 7 and salary for May was received on June 11.
Moreover, after taking oath of prime minister's office in June, salary for the month was received on July 1 while the last salary for the month of July was paid on August 11, 2013.
According to the documents, payments for August, September, October and November of the year 2013 were not received by Nawaz Sharif and he did not mention all these 'receivables' in his nomination papers before the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Panama Case verdict: Supreme Court disqualifies ... 12:08 PM | 28 Jul, 2017
ISLAMABAD - On Friday, the Supreme Court of Pakistan disqualified Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for not disclosing his ...
All the salaries were withdrawn in the year 2013 when Nawaz Sharif rose to become the chief executive of the country for the third time, an honour conferred upon a single political personality in the country by the masses.
It bears mentioning that the counsel for Nawaz Sharif, Khawaja Haris during his arguments in the last five hearings admitted that Sharif was the designated chairman of the board but claimed that he did not receive any salary in this regard.
The newspaper, apparently giving a huge dent to the claims made by the ruling party's head did not furnish any documents to substantiate its claims, however, the employment contract of Nawaz Sharif with Capital FZE was unearthed by the Joint Investigation Team that probed the offshore assets of Sharif family.
According to the documents, Nawaz Sharif, bearing passport number BV5128361, was employed by Capital FZE – an offshore company established at Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA), United Arab Emirates (UAE), as the chairman of the board from August 7, 2006, and served until April 20, 2014, against a basic salary of 10,000 UAE Dirham (AED).
The document – a letter from Shehab Sultan Mesmar of the Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) dated July 4 – was issued in response to the JIT’s query about Sharif’s ownership in the offshore company.
The salary was revised on February 2, 2007 vide Employment Contract Amendment Form 9 – duly signed by respondent No 1 i.e. Nawaz Sharif – filed with JAFZA.
'On the basis of this employment, respondent No 1 was able to procure ‘Iqama’, dated 5-7-2009, and valid up to 4-6-2015 to work and reside in Dubai,' said the JIT report.
Nonetheless, the ruling party members join the former premier in stating that Nawaz Sharif did not receive any salary from the firm of his younger son Hassan Nawaz.
Sharif, who is barred from holding any office of the country or his party, clarified that he got his iqama in a bid to ease travel to UAE when he was in exile after a bloodless coup by Pervez Musharraf.
After disqualification, Nawaz Sharif has started a mass contact campaign in which he is currently heading towards Lahore from the capital in the form of a convoy, addressing his party workers at multiple spots along the GT Road.
On the other hand, his party member Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has become the new premier of the country with a resolve to carry on the legacy of his ousted boss.
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports 5,445 new cases, 137 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:07 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 20 April 202108:44 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021