India’s famous Urdu poet Rahat Indori dies due to coronavirus
INDORE – Renowned Indian poet and Bolly lyricist Rahat Indori passed away on Tuesday hours after testing positive for the novel coronavirus.
The veteran poet was admitted to a local hospital in Indore, Madhya Pradesh after his report came back positive earlier today.
Indori had also tweeted earlier today that he took the virus test on Monday and now he had tested positive for the infection.
"He (Indori) suffered two heart attacks today and could not be saved... he had 60% pneumonia," ANI reported citing Dr Vinod Bhandari.
According to The Indian Express, Indori's poetry had played a key role in protests started after India passed controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill this year.
"The line, 'Kisi ke baap ka Hindustan thodi hai”, taken from ghazal ‘Agar khilaaf hain hone do' gave a voice and purpose to dissent," it read.
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- FIA Lahore summons Salman Shahbaz05:54 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC flimsy attempt to put pressure on govt: Shibli04:01 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020