‘Tragedy King’ Dilip Kumar turns 95
Having ruled the Hindi film industry for 6 decades right from the 1940's to 1990's, the megastar took a sabbatical from acting to tend to his ailing health.
Kumar, who is just recovering from pneumonia, would be having a small celebration at home this time around, according to report in NDTV.
"We will not have a grand birthday party as he is not keeping well. The immune system is not so good after he was down with pneumonia. I cannot let him exert himself now," his wife former actress Saira Banu said.
He smiled when I told him millions pray for him everyday. -FF pic.twitter.com/4pjNcZFcTZ
Saira Banu is also planning to buy the actor a new pair of shirt and trousers.
Having starred in the biggest blockbusters of Bollywood such as Mughal-e-Azam, Naya Daur, Devdas, Ram Aur Shyam and Madhumati, Dilip Kumar (born Mohammad Yusuf Khan) earned himself the title 'Tragedy King' for his realistic portrayal of sensitive and pathos-driven roles.
Born in Peshawar in the year 1922, Dilip Kumar left for Poona (Present day Pune) in 1940 wherein he managed to set up a sandwich stall at the army club. After having saved enough money from the earnings at the stall he headed to Bombay to try his luck in films and the rest, as they say, is history.
- UAE extends deadline of $2bn loan repayment for Pakistan12:13 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021