'Anti-Muslim propagandist' heckles FM Qureshi during London conference
LONDON - Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi was heckled by a far-right anti-Muslim propagandist during one of the conferences in London on Thursday, though he kept cool and responded politely.
Quershi was attending the Defend Media Freedom conference in the British capital when Ezra Levant, started using abusive words and claimed that he was censored.
Levant did not listen to Shah Mehmood Qureshi who was attending the session as a panelist and complained that his Twitter handle was suspended.
Pakistan's Foreign Minister initially addressed Levant and advised him to be cautious in his choice of words; Qureshi also wondered as to how he could be blamed for the suspension of his Twitter handle, however, Levant kept heckling.
'Why did you censor me?' Levant asked to which Qureshi inquired: Did I censore you?
Upon this, Levant replied that he [Qureshi] should not lie.
To this, Qureshi asked as to how he was responsible for such censorship and called out him for double standards.
Though Ezra Levant was termed by some of the netizens as a social media activist, his credentials portray him as an alt-right, anti-Muslim propagandist who peddles his agenda through the commentary website, Rebel Media.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020