WEF president appreciates Pakistan’s measures for improving its energy situation
ISLAMABAD – World Economic Forum President Borge Brende on Thursday appreciated Pakistan’s measures to improve its energy situation and offered the WEF platform for effective propagation of the country’s renewable energy policy at international level.
The WEF chief “praised the improved security and energy situation of Pakistan, appreciated new renewable energy policy and offered WEF forum for propagation of policy to reach larger audience,” a Petroleum Division press release said.
He expressed these views during a meeting with Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Petroleum Nadeem Babar in Islamabad.
This is the first visit of World Economic Forum President to Pakistan in almost 20 years.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020