Motorways paving way towards development: PM
Replying to the points raised by Nawab Ali Wassan of PPP in his budget speech during a parliament’s session on Thursday, the prime minister said the work on Hyderabad-Karachi section of Lahore-Karachi Motorway has already begun.
Nawaz Sharif also assured that work on Hyderabad-Sukkur section would be completed.
In KPK, the work on Hazara Motorway is going on rapidly, the premier said, adding the PML-N government is working on these projects as a national duty.
PM Nawaz further expressed the confidence that these projects will be completed during the next three years.
He reminded the house that the Coastal Highway from Gwadar to Karachi was also constructed by the PML-N government.
“The government wants to make Gwadar a best port, city and a district. We should sit together and frame new laws to give a special status of free port to Gwadar including a new administrative system there,” he added.
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of physically abusing her on a ...07:57 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- In a first, free bus service launched for women in Pakistan’s ...07:34 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- US, Denmark scientists win Nobel Prize in Chemistry 202207:05 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam turns up temperature with new bold seflie06:12 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Shagufta Ejaz leaves fans rolling with laughter with new BTS video04:55 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022