Motorways paving way towards development: PM
Replying to the points raised by Nawab Ali Wassan of PPP in his budget speech during a parliament’s session on Thursday, the prime minister said the work on Hyderabad-Karachi section of Lahore-Karachi Motorway has already begun.
Nawaz Sharif also assured that work on Hyderabad-Sukkur section would be completed.
In KPK, the work on Hazara Motorway is going on rapidly, the premier said, adding the PML-N government is working on these projects as a national duty.
PM Nawaz further expressed the confidence that these projects will be completed during the next three years.
He reminded the house that the Coastal Highway from Gwadar to Karachi was also constructed by the PML-N government.
“The government wants to make Gwadar a best port, city and a district. We should sit together and frame new laws to give a special status of free port to Gwadar including a new administrative system there,” he added.
- Afghan President hails Pakistan's peace efforts in meeting with COAS ...06:04 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Azhar Ali sets new Test cricket record for Pakistan05:50 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Bilawal asks PM Imran to reveal reasons for repaying $3b to KSA04:04 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen's version of ‘Mustafa Jaan-e-Rehmat’ leaves fans ...03:27 PM | 10 May, 2021
- After Twitter suspension, Instagram takes action against Kangana ...02:23 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021