PPP government presents Rs869b budget for Sindh
Presenting the budget in the Sindh Assembly, Provincial Finance Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said that total revenue expenditure is being estimated to grow by 13.8 percent to 572.76 billion rupees in 2016-17.
Shah said the receipts of province for the financial year 2016-17 with 17.61 percent increase over current budget estimate of 726.57 billion rupees are estimated 854.50 billion rupees.
He said the receipts from federal divisible pool taxes comprising 67.8 percent of total tax and non-tax receipts of province are estimated 493.2 billion rupees.
The provincial budget focuses on revenue generation, employment generation, agriculture development and development of rural as well as urban areas.
The biggest amount of Rs150bn has been allocated for education while Rs55bn has been set aside for health.
The combined budget for Sindh Home Department and the police has been suggested to be Rs70bn.
‘Capital city package’
A special package of Rs10bn has been set aside for Karachi in next year's budgetary proposal.
Rs35 billion were set aside to deal with the ongoing energy crisis with an allocation of Rs18 billion for the Thar coal project.
A total of Rs55bn has been allocated for health.
Aid for minorities
Budget for aid of minorities has been increased by 200%.
50,000 new jobs
Syed Murad Ali Shah announced 50,000 new jobs manly in education and home departments. 10 thousands new policemen and women will be appointed in Sindh.
The provincial government will spend 36% of its annual budget on development sector. The estimated deficit in the provincial budget for upcoming financial year would be between Rs14 billion.
Salaries & allowances
Sindh government has increased development budget by Rs50 billion. 10% increase in salaries and ad hoc allowances has been merged into basic pay.
1500 agricultural equipments will be distributed among the farmers at half price. Nawab Shah, Sanghar road will be constructed with Rs2.9 billion.
The Finance Minister also announced increase in SIUT grant from Rs 3 to 4 billion.
- Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed Corps Commander Bahawalpur in latest ...06:46 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Imran shifts PTI’s August 13 rally from Islamabad to Lahore06:33 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- JIT including ISI, IB officers to probe social media campaign ...05:29 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir is all smiles in latest viral pictures04:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Arshad Nadeem’s historic win at ...03:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022