Agha Siraj Durrani’s remand extended till March 21
Durrani was produced before the court on Monday amid tight security by the officials of National Accountability Bureau.
During the hearing, the Sindh Assembly speaker complained that the officials of the National Accountability Bureau searched his house for 8 hours and carried away all of his belongings.
'I have not been allowed to sleep since day 1,' Durrani contended before the judge.
He complained that his family members were being harassed in the process. Moreover, the PPP leader complained that as many as 8 accused were occupying the cell in which he was detained.
After hearing the arguments, the accountability court directed the anti-graft body to produce a progress report before the court on next hearing and extended the physical remand of Pakistan Peoples Party leader.
Agha Siraj Durrani was arrested by NAB from a hotel in the Red Zone in Islamabad last month. He was accused of illegal appointments, misuse of power, misappropriation of funds and owning assets beyond his known means of income.
He was shifted to Karachi after the arrests. During the detention period, Durrani was produced in the Sindh Assembly on the production order.
- Pakistan increases petrol price by Rs1.71/litre for August07:51 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan rejects India’s false comments on AJK elections07:19 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Prices of new Honda City model unveiled07:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sadaf Kanwal under fire for stating her 'marriage rules'04:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sumbul Iqbal contracts coronavirus03:32 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021