Over 60 killed in Baghdad car bomb blast
The terror group, Islamic State (IS), claimed responsibility for the attack, which targeted Shia militiamen.
Many of the victims included women and children, officials said. Several of the injured were said to be in critical condition, the BBC reported.
The blast damaged nearby buildings and other vehicles.
Commercial areas are a regular target for the Islamic State. In February, at least 70 people were killed in a twin bombing at a busy market in Sadr City, the bloodiest attack in Baghdad in many months.
Iraqi government forces, backed by US-led coalition air strikes and paramilitary forces, recently regained some territory seized by IS in 2014, but have still been unable to prevent bomb attacks in the capital.
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022