Pakistani agricultural trade mission embarks upon two-week US visit
The fourteen-member delegation comprises of Pakistani companies that import crops known as pulses. The trade mission offers participants the opportunity to learn about the US dry pea, bean and lentil sector through meetings with top producers, processors, and exporters, a press release issued by the US Embassy on Tuesday.
The group will travel to Spokane, WA, Great Falls, MT, Bismarck, ND and Minneapolis, MN, from September 9 – 21, 2018.
The delegation will visit production areas and see new pulse varieties while developing an invaluable network with the US industry.
Highlighting the importance of this trade mission and the value to Pakistan’s pulses sector participants, USDA’s Agricultural Counselor Casey Bean said, “Leading this delegation to the Pacific Northwest demonstrates our commitment to showcasing high quality US pulses that can assist Pakistan’s industry to meet rising consumer demand.”
Following a similar 2016 trade mission, the Pakistani delegation concluded deals worth $3.5 million. Subsequently, the USDA-industry collaborative partnership has led to a record level of $20 million in US pulses exports to Pakistan during CY 2017.
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge11:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022