Arab League condemns Israeli plans to annex parts of occupied West Bank
CAIRO - Arab League (AL) foreign ministers have condemned a plan by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to annex parts of occupied West Bank as “aggression”, undermining chances of a peace settlement with the Palestinians.
In a statement after a meeting in Cairo, the foreign ministers said that it is dangerous development and an intention to violate international law.
According to SPA, Saudi Arabia condemned Netanyahu’s comments and called for an emergency meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Qatar reiterated its support for a two-state peace solution.
Meanwhile, Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi called Netanyahu’s plan a serious escalation.
Hanan Ashrawi, a senior official in the Palestine Liberation Organization, wrote on Twitter that the Israeli leader was out to impose a greater Israel on all of historical Palestine and carry out an ethnic cleansing agenda.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019