PEMRA bans ARY Digital’s drama Jalan
The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has released a statement on Thursday, banning the drama serial Jalan from airing on television.
According to the notification, the action is being taken against the production because it carries content that violates social and religious values.
پیمرا کی اے آر وائی ڈیجیٹل کے ڈرامہ سیریل "جلن" پر پابندی عائد pic.twitter.com/97tA7q4okB— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) September 10, 2020
The statement also added that continuous warnings were issued against the channel by the regulatory body. They had been informed to emend the content of the show, however, since no changes were made and the channel refused to comply, so the show has now been banned under Section 27 of the Pemra Ordinance.
Previously, the show received immense criticism for its 'problematic’ script.
Starring Minal Khan, Emaad Irfani and Areeba Habib in lead roles, Jalan central idea is an unconventional love triangle where the sister-in-law falls in love with her brother-in-law! The drama depicts themes such as jealousy and infidelity.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PM Imran to virtually address UNGA session on Friday09:29 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Houthis' attacks on Saudi Arabia11:39 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020