Pakistan allows Bank of China to establish yuan settlement system
In a statement, the SBP emphasised that it had continuously been taking policy measures to ensure imports, exports and transaction financing with China were denominated in the Chinese currency.
The SBP has also inked a Currency Swap Agreement (CSA) with People’s Bank of China (BOC) to promote bilateral trade and financing direct investment between the two Asian neighbours in their respective local currencies.
Bank of China starts Pakistan operations from ... 06:15 PM | 7 Nov, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The Bank of China formally launched its operations in Pakistan with the inauguration of its first branch in ...
The Bank of China can also provide yuan liquidity to the interbank ket for the settlement of transactions.
“These steps are part of the efforts by SBP to encourage trade with China in Yuan and eventually in the respective local currencies. This settlement and clearing mechanism is expected to reduce costs and increase efficiency for the local banking system in transacting in Yuans,” an SBP spokesperson said.
This is SBP’s second agreement with a Chinese bank to facilitate local currency cross-border trade.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021