DIG injured after constable launches knife attack at Lahore police station
LAHORE – A senior city cop was injured after police constable with knife on Saturday night, says local media.
DIG Shahzad Aslam Siddiqi, from the Establishment Division, was walking home from the mosque in the Police Lines area Saturday night when Constable Mohammad Rafiq approached him with a greeting.
“When I returned the greeting, he pulled out a knife and stabbed me,” DIG Siddiqui said in the FIR registered at the Qila Gujjar Singh police station.
The officer said he resisted the constable during the attack but eventually lost strength, and then the attacker ran to the quarter guard before being arrested by other cops there.
The injured officer was taken to Services Hospital, where he was treated and released but later readmitted with high blood pressure. His condition is said to be out of danger now.
Police have arrested the attacker and are have registered a case under Section 324 (attempted murder) of the Pakistan Penal Code.
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 26 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,11008:28 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019