4 youths stripped, tied, hit with belts by cow vigilantes in India
The trio of the assailants have been arrested after footage of the assault, which they had uploaded online as a warning, went viral.
The incident took place in Gir Somnath, about 400 km from Ahmedabad.
Inwards the picture, the attackers are seen aggressively confronting and interrogating a group of tannery workers carrying animal hide.
"Where did you get the cow skin?" one of the attackers is heard demanding. Later the third grade, the attackers are seen tying up the men to a car and thrashing them brutally with sticks on their naked back.
The group uploaded the video online, unwittingly helping the police track them down as the footage was widely shared. Two of the accused are still missing.
Attacks linked to beef-eating and alleged cow killing were at the centre of a debate last year on intolerance.
In September, a Muslim man was lynched in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri over rumours that he had beef in his house.
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- US state secretary discusses Afghanistan drawdown plan with Pakistan ...05:11 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman, Shaheen Afridi reach career-best ODI rankings04:51 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Sami Khan tests positive for COVID-1903:05 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Atif Aslam set to release a new naat this Ramadan03:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Saba Qamar spends quality time with family post her breakup02:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021