Supreme Court to probe "secret" appointment of superior court judges in Pakistan
According to private TV channel, a two-member bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan heard the case related to the nomination and appointment of judges in higher courts.
Applicant lawyer argued that in the United Kingdom (UK) applications sought from lawyers from across the country for judges' appointment but in Pakistan no mechanism prevails.
to judges were asked but there are here they nominated secretly. Many judges are the descendants of former judges of Lahore High Court judges.
The Supreme Court has adjourned the hearing until Wednesday issued notices to the Attorney General, the federal government and other parties.
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021