US envoy calls on Gen Bajwa, pledges to further enhance bilateral ties
RAWALPINDI – Angela Aggeler, US Charge d’ Affairs to Pakistan called on General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS), on Wednesday.
During the meeting, matters of mutual interest, overall regional security situation, bilateral cooperation in various fields, fight against COVID-19 and recent developments in the Afghan Peace Process were discussed, said ISPR in a statement
COAS said that Pakistan has sincerely supported the peace process and a prosperous, stable and peaceful Afghanistan is in the best interest of the region in general and Pakistan in particular.
COAS also hoped for greater Pak-US bilateral cooperation in all domains in future.
The US dignitary acknowledged and appreciated Pakistan’s continuous efforts and support for peace and stability in the region and pledged to further enhance bilateral relations between both countries.
Pakistan welcomes Taliban's ceasefire on ... 07:01 PM | 10 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has welcomed Taliban's announcement of three-day ceasefire on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr in ...
- Thailand resumes all categories of visa services for Pakistan01:44 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PAF trainer aircraft crashes near Mardan, pilot martyred (VIDEO)01:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad today12:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021