CJP refuses to accept donation of 'mentally challenged' person in dam fund
The top judge ordered a medical check-up of Sheikh Shahid, who donated his property worth Rs80 million to the Supreme Court of Pakistan and the Prime Minister of Pakistan Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand Dam Fund a few days ago.
The wife and three sons of the donor approached the Supreme Court registry in Lahore, met the CJP and informed him that Mr. Shahid had donated the property without their consent.
They pleaded that Mr Shahid had taken the step because he was suffering from some mental disorder.
The CJP asked Mr Shahid’s wife, “Are you and your husband having good relations?” She replied that they were having good relations, but Mr Shahid was suffering from some mental problem.
The top judge then told her that their property would not be accepted as a donation for the dam fund at any cost because under the Sharia law it was the right of the heirs.
The CJP ordered the authorities concerned to conduct a medical examination of Mr Shahid and submit a report to him.
- Speaker Pervaiz Elahi summons emergency session of Punjab Assembly ...04:09 PM | 21 May, 2022
- PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption officials in ...02:36 PM | 21 May, 2022
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:25 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022