LHC rejects Meesha Shafi’s appeal in harassment case against Ali Zafar
The complained filed by Shafi earlier had been rejected by the Punjab governor and provincial ombudsperson for protection against harassment of women at workplace.
Ali Zafar regarded it as the “third dismissal.” Taking, to Twitter, he thanked his fans for their support and wrote “Fake allegations by opportunists can destroy lives & undermine genuine victims. We fought to set a precedent. All evidence submitted will be public soon.”
Ms Shafi’s case dismissed by the Lahore High Court. This is the 3rd dismissal. Fake allegations by opportunists can destroy lives & undermine genuine victims. We fought to set a precedent. All evidence submitted will be public soon. Thank you for your love and support. https://t.co/LlrMIZsaHN— Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays) October 11, 2019
The appeal was rejected on the basis of not being presented at the appropriate forum.
It is pertinent to mention that in April 2018, singer Meesha Shafi, in a post shared on micro-blogging site Twitter, claimed that she had been subjected to sexual harassment “of a physical nature” by Ali Zafar on multiple occasions.
Using the #MeToo hashtag, Shafi link her incident with an international movement against sexual harassment and assault.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020