Combination of two drugs to have better results in treating coronavirus patients: Pakistani scientist
ISLAMABAD – Chairman of Task Force of Pakistan Science and Technology Dr Ata ur Rehman on Sunday said the combination of anti-malarial and Erythromycin drugs tried by the Pakistani doctors in treating the coronavirus patients would have better results.
The Americans had tested Hydroxychloroquine in treating the coronavirus patients with no success, while the clinical trial of combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Erthromycine in Lahore and Karachi would hopefully produce positive results, he said while talking to ptv.
Dr Atta said the combination of two drugs was being tested on some 1,100 COVID-19 patients under the supervision of University of Health Sciences (UHS) to check their effectiveness. "Our scientists, experts and pathologists are working with different approaches " in their research on the coronavirus treatment, he added.
To a question,about the threshold of virus, he said its intensity was was less pernicious in Pakistan as compared to the European regions. The research was underway in different labs of the country for identifying the stages of its mutation. It was observed that nine mutations of the virus had entered into the region.
To another question, he said Dr Tahir Shamsi and his team were working on a project of plasma for treating the coronavirus patients, while Dr S Shah Nawaz along with her team was working on the stem cell. A pharmaceutical company had acquired a shrub from China and the summary for its approval was with the Drugs Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP).
To a query, Dr Ata said COVID-19 was a third family virus as the middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) viruses had recently affected different regions of the world.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020