‘Queen of Pop' Nazia Hassan's 16th death anniversary being observed today
She was born on April 3, 1965.
She was also known as ” Nightingale of Pakistan”. She spent her childhood in Karachi as well as in London. She arrived in the entertainment industry as a child artist and her most popular song was ” Ap Jesa Koe”.
This song won a film fare award for best female playback singer. She was also glamorised by the media for her elegance, style beauty and voice, Radio Pakistan reported.
Her debut album Disco Deewane (1981) also charted in fourteen countries worldwide and became the best-selling Asian pop record up until that time.
Nazia Hassan, along with her brother Zohaib Hassan, went on to sell over 60 million records worldwide.
Hassan is a recipient for the Pride of Performance, Double Platinum Award and Golden Discs Awards.
Nazia Hassan was a received Pride of Performance Double Platinum Award and Golden Discs Awards.
The pop icon died of lung cancer at the age of 35 on August 13, 2000.
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022