TTP claims responsibility for attack on Samaa TV van
According to Express Tribune, TTP spokesperson Mohammad Khorasani said in a statement, "The media is not impartial and we’ve issued several warnings to them."
The 22-year-old was an employee of Samaa TV who received a bullet wound in his head. He was rushed to the nearby Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, but lost his battle for life.
The media van was in the area to cover a cracker attack on a police vehicle, which occurred minutes before it was attacked by unidentified gunmen.
Meanwhile, an FIR has been registered regarding the attack.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif strongly condemned the attack calling it an assault on freedom of speech and expression.
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022