TTP claims responsibility for attack on Samaa TV van
According to Express Tribune, TTP spokesperson Mohammad Khorasani said in a statement, "The media is not impartial and we’ve issued several warnings to them."
The 22-year-old was an employee of Samaa TV who received a bullet wound in his head. He was rushed to the nearby Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, but lost his battle for life.
The media van was in the area to cover a cracker attack on a police vehicle, which occurred minutes before it was attacked by unidentified gunmen.
Meanwhile, an FIR has been registered regarding the attack.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif strongly condemned the attack calling it an assault on freedom of speech and expression.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Multan ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021