Rs 23 billion scandal reveal in Ministry of Water and Power
According to documents available with Online, Audit officials revealed in a report submitted with Public Accounts Committee (PAC) that Secretary Water and Power confirmed in the departmental committee that payments worth Rs 25 billion were made on plain receipts. PEPCO have record of the cash establishment, it stated.
According to the report PEPCO officials were directed to submit the record with Auditor General within two days. However, no receipts have been submitted despite passage of several weeks. The report indicated that this can be biggest corruption scandal of the country and high officials of the ministry can be key players of it.
Audit officials raised a question why Secretary Water and Power had given green signal to Ministry of Finance on plain paper. Report further said thorough investigation should be made into the matter and action should be taken against corrupt officials.
- Pakistan, West Indies to face each other in 2nd T20I today03:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani-American Khizr Khan to head top religious freedom body in US02:40 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan condemns India’s politicization of cricket after BCCI ...01:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021