Hungarian camerawoman who kicked migrants sentenced
Petra Laszlo was filming refugees in September 2015 as they broke through a police cordon.
She was captured kicking two people as they fled, including a young girl. Later she appeared to trip a man carrying a child.
She says she will appeal.
Judge Illes Nanasi said Laszlo's behaviour "ran counter to societal norms" and rejected her defence lawyer's argument that she was trying to protect herself.
"I turned and saw several hundred people charging toward me. It was quite incredibly frightening," she said.
She appeared in Szeged District Court hearing via video link and occasionally broke into tears. She said she had received death threats since the incident and that had been subjected to a "hate campaign."
Right-wing TV channel N1TV fired her after the footage of her actions went viral on social media.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022