Sindh Governor Saeed-uz-Zaman laid to rest with state honour today
Mufti Taqi Usmani led the prayers, and Siddiqui was laid to rest at Gizri graveyard with state full honour and dignity.
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, Sindh High Court Chief Justice Sajjad Ali Shah, Core Commander Karach, DG Rangers and others were present.
The 79-year-old had been battling with breathing complications for several years. Following chest pain, Siddiqui was taken to South City Hospital, where he breathed his last on Wednesday.
The former Sindh High Court Chief Justice replaced Dr. Ishratul Ebad on November 11, 2016, as Sindh’s 31st Governor.
He remained the Chief Justice of Pakistan from July 1999 till December 2005. During the former dictator General (r) Pervez Musharraf’s rule, Siddiqui refused to take oath under the Provisional Constitutional Order (PCO).
In 2008, he ran as a presidential candidate from Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz.
Saeeduz Zaman Siddiqui was born in a middle-class educated Urdu-speaking family and received his school education at Lucknow, Hyderabad State of the British Indian Empire and also was educated in Dhaka in former East Pakistan.
Later on, Siddiqui moved to Karachi and attended Karachi University in 1954.
He obtained B.A. in Philosophy and L.L.B from the University of Karachi in 1958. In 1960, Siddiqui started legal practice at the High Court of Sindh.
Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif and President Mamnoon Hussain expressed sorrow over the demise while leaders of various political parties acknowledged his contribution to national politics in his career.
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022